DD12 is in her first year of middle school at a charter 7-12 grade school. She is in geometry but the other language arts acceleration from elementary did not follow her. She is bored in three classes. She said she feels her teachers do not like her except one. I also feel a bit like they do not like her except the same teacher who is her science teacher and marvels at the way DD's mind works. I told DD that middle school is different since there are so many teachers and the teachers have more students so they do not have time to really interact. She also complained about being embarrased about asking questions and that she asks to many or so she thinks her teachers think. Is it normal making that switch to middle school to feel like the teachers do not like you? We have a gifted middle school program but she refuses to try it. The charter school is open and the students have a lot of freedom. I wonder if she would be better off in the gifted program, but am reluctant to force her. Any experience or thoughts etc. I am very grateful for.