GeoMamma we really should get together more often. Even if the kids don't hit it off at least we know we like each other lol! When things settle down for both of us maybe.
Personally I've not found it to be a big problem for DS. Most of the 6 year olds in our homeschooling community are quirky or intense in some way. There is a love/hate relationship kind of happening between them all and they spend their time in their elaborate imaginary worlds most of the time. So for now it is ok. The main issues we've had were when he was younger (and I guess this still happens to some degree). When he was verbal and able to negotiate quiet well and the other kids would push him or hit him he found it very hard. He felt it was most unfair that HE would never resort to violence over a toy or whatever, but that other kids did, even when he did everything he knew was "right". It took a few years but by about 5 it was as if he thought "screw it, I tried talking, it doesn't work, so I'm just going to hit them back". Five was an interesting year in our house...

Last edited by GreenGully; 11/15/10 01:48 PM.