Dottie - I don't know of any auditory problems with my DS. In fact he seems to do better with auditory learning. If he can say things out loud as he does them or if he hears things he does better remembering them than when he just reads them.

My DS also has problems remembering things that do not interest him. If he is passionately involved in the subject he can tell you every minute detail. He decided he wanted to be a pilot when he was 3 and he could tell you every thing about how airplanes worked and could identify them as they flew over, etc. but he could not remember where he put his shoes or what 5+8 is. He'd just say he'll just use a calculator when he gets older so why bother to remember the addition facts? That is one reason I got so frustrated with him when he wouldn't write correctly or copy things correctly when they were RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!! Then of course I found out he couldn't help it and then I felt terrible (still do).

Honestly, I don't really know why he has trouble with the spelling, etc. The working memory problem seemed to make sense but I don't actually know that is what is going on so I'd love all suggestions. But as you say we can all use help with our working memory. I know I sure can - maybe I'll start doing some therapy myself! LOL!