Originally Posted by Grinity
He could be very careful. or perfectionistic. or a deep thinker. or ADD. or anxious. or a slow-poke. My meditation friends would say he might not be breathing as deeply as he needs to breath.

What she said!

DS8 tested at 34th percentile at 7:6. The tester, who specialized in gifted kids, said DS's anxiety was obvious each time a portion of the test was timed. DS has perfectionism and anxiety issues, and can be very cautious in such circumstances.

I've sometimes thought that DS's thought process can also seem a bit broad, too. In some situations, especially where he really feels the need to be accurate (or sometimes wants to be impressive), it's like his brain fills up with ALL the possible answers to a question and he then sends them through a filter to see which one is best.

I've seen this concern posted many times here, so you're not alone in this community. FWIW, I'm not concerned about DS's processing speed anymore, although it was a disconcerting to see the relatively low number on the WISC report when we first got it.