I think the hardest part is that he is really enjoying it. He may be driving the teacher a little crazy, but he is very excited to go and has nothing but positive things to say at the end of the day. I really don't think he is too concerned that he is not doing math or reading at his level while at school (well, this information made me question that). Many of the kids in the class will be the same age as his classmates next year in public K. He would be crushed if he had to move back into the pre-k class.

With only 11 kids in the class, I kind of feel like the teacher should be able to help/problem solve to aid with keeping him a little more calm. It is not like he is in a class of 25. Maybe I have never stopped and thought about how much energy my son really has...he is my oldest, so I really don't have a comparision.

I will agree that it is becoming very obvious to me why most 4 year olds should not enter K, regardless of academics. smile I may plan to sit in on the class during center time so I am figure out what exactly is going on. We did a little role playing last night to practice walking nicely to our "center" when the teacher called on him. I think it took three tries before he was able to walk to the pretend sensory table - he was just so excited...and we were only pretending! Yikes! smile