It's done! Whew. I'm UPSing it this afternoon. What a relief.

I'm glad to hear that you don't think we'll need portfolio items. We decided not to include them. If they want them in addition to the app and test reports, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Kriston, the only reason I'm thinking about Calculus is that he's taking Algebra I now. His current math pace has him blowing through a course like that in about 7 months. Since we do lessons year-round (with some periodic breaks), he could very well be ready for Calc by age 11. I feel like I need to be planning NOW so that I have my resources available when he needs them.

This is a huge reason why we're applying to DYS. Our local school proposed a "solution" where he is with his age-mates in 2nd grade for PE, art and music, but then is put on various bus transports throughout the school day to go to all of his other classes at the middle and high school. He can maintain an A average in these subjects, but that doesn't mean I want my newly-turned-8yo wandering around the local high school in a sea of thousands of teenagers for most of the school day. Not yet, anyway. So...we continue to homeschool until we can find a solution that is equally comfortable for quality of education and age-appropriateness. I hope that if he is ready to take Calc at 11 (for example), DYS would help advocate for him to get into a community college course or perhaps hook him up with a tutor or mentor.

Good luck to you! I hope that both of us get positive responses.

Tara