I haven't been on here for a long time because things were going pretty good. But now I'm back. My DD is almost 8 and in 3rd grade this year. She's a very energetic and smart girl scoring 140 on the WISC-IV at age 6.

The 2nd half of 1st grade was GREAT and the majority of 2nd grade was good. At the end of 2nd grade things fell apart a bit and my DD started acting out (she's the poster child for the book "The Explosive Child"). My daughter complained a lot about the review lessons they had at the end of the year.

Anyway, we got through the last weeks of 2nd grade and had a really good summer. We had a variety of activities from art, music, science and a variety of museum visits. She also devoured the "Brain Quest" 4th grade workbooks and other workbooks and a variety of "Brain Quest" flash card/game things.

So, The first days of 3rd grade were OK but this week was a disaster. We were right back to where we were at the end of 2nd grade. I understand how emotional & gifted issues go hand in hand. The teacher is VERY willing to work with us and we have an appointment with her old counselor from 1st grade.

I'm so tired, drained and frustrated already, and it's only the 2nd week of school. Any advice, anecdotes from similar situations is welcome.

Thanks for listening!