Originally Posted by AGVIgifted
I'm putting the final touches on a gifted K-12 curriculum and am posting here to welcome any suggestions. So far, the curriculum allows for complete customization, acceleration, and project-based learning. Students are able to work remotely, but all content does not have to be online.
Sounds great - but is there anything more specific you want feedback on? I had a browse around your website, but most of what I can say on that basis is technical niggles rather than curriculum feedback. FWIW:

- I went in looking to see what you have in the way of maths courses, and found that your page that calls itself "Math courses for students in grades K-12th.", i.e.
http://moodle.agvigifted.org/course/category.php?id=9
actually starts with Business Mathematics and Algebra I - probably not suitable for Kers, even gifted ones... So this left me a bit confused about what your target student population is. Is it that you are offering only high-school level courses, but making them available to children of any age? That would be a fine policy, but could be more clearly explained. I see also that your subject says High School, but your post body says K-12. The fact that I'm not American may not help, admittedly. If there are more elementary maths courses on your site I didn't find them. Maybe some of the navigation and/or signposting needs to be improved so that people don't look for things that are not there?

- I used guest access to a course or two and tried to play the multimedia lessons, but they didn't work at all on my browswer (Firefox 3.0 on Ubuntu) - I got a starting screen, but nothing more, and clicking away gave me some confusing changes in the left bar but still no content.

- To me, the long section of links etc. that you have on every page below your logo is too much and too busy to be helpful. I'd suggest replacing most of those links by a single link to Site Map where you'd put all the links.

- In that section, clicking the link Dual Enrollment and Early College just gives me an error message "Course Mode ID was incorrect".

- Many of your courses don't allow access to even a summary syllabus without an enrollment key. I think that's a mistake: people who are interested in this are going to want to get at least a little information about all the courses.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail