Originally Posted by TMI Grandma
Lori H. , Stress will effected your executive function in the way you describe. Very sensitive people often recognize ways to compensate or modify their life to overcome shutting down. Prayer or meditation, I have found is very helpful.

I'm curious too, Lori, if meditation would be helpful to you or your son. I've recently started reading and taking small steps toward meditation. Of course you wouldn't really expect meditation to help you with a large stressor right away, but you could practice with little stressors first.

I am very sensitive to temperature, and I've found that lately by doing the breathing/heartbeat monitoring exercises, I can deal with that very minor stressor. I love the idea of OverExcitabilities, but I don't love how the theory doesn't really give much hope of handling them in a way that makes them less bothersome. Avoiding is wise, but does it make me stronger in the long term? Where is the balancing edge? Understanding is sweet, but does it help me have the life I want?

www.appliedmeditation.org
for more,
or the books:
http://www.appliedmeditation.org/books_cds/now_available.php

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com