Scheduling was our problem last year when DS7 in 2nd grade was going to 5th grade math. He got really frustrated with having to miss out on music, art, and other specials because they conflicted with math. We ended up pulling him from the 5th grade class for the last month of school. He is going back into the same 5th grade math class again this year, tentatively, as they are still hesitant to send him to middle school in another building. The whole school K-12 is on the same campus in our little town, but separate buildings. I'm not sure how it's going to work out, because he is really ahead of that in math, but we still want him to have a class with other kids instead of just doing ALEKS by himself. It's tough to know what to do!

I'm sure this sounds stupid, but I couldn't tell you how he was evaluated last year with 2nd grade, 3rd grade reading and 5th grade math. I don't really think that the other teachers had anything to do with his report cards, and we were only actually scheduled with the 2nd grade teacher for PT conferences although I did go and talk to the other two when I was there. He brought home papers graded by the other teachers, but as for how they went into his report cards, I don't know. It sounds lazy when I say that, but we really just don't worry much about how he's doing with math or reading because he's always been so far out there.

This probably hasn't helped you in the least. Good luck with yours!