Hope I`m posting this one in the right place...
But to the issue/question:A friend of mine have got a daughter who is 15 years old, who is certainly gifted, but she needs some advice about which LOG her daughter could be at and about education.The girl talked at the age of 9 months with a huge vocabuary from the beginning. Learned to read at the age of 4 , maybe earlier, and read books such as Harry Potter at the age of 6 and Lord of the Rings 2 years later. She also had a test when she was about 5 years old which showed that she was ranging from 2-8 years ahead of her chronological age.In school she have never learned much and hasn`t been accelerated , but since they live in a country which doesn`t do a thing for gifted so it is just to stick with the education... She is really good at logical activites such as chess etc. Plus she is extraordinary creative andan outstanding musician, plays the flute.
I should also mention that the girl have been pretty much fluent in English, which isn`t her first lnguage, since the age of 5 and is today reading fluently in German which she has studied for 2 years.
Maybe this appears very messy - sorry for that, but my questions are simply which LOG you would think that the girl is at and what could be done for her situation in school?
Thanks for an answer

Last edited by Sydney100; 07/16/10 02:41 PM.