The responses here have been very helpful to me as well...as an adult who was diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive (and even though the more I read the more I am attributing to being gifted and not being appropriately challenged in school, I do believe that the diagnosis is accurate for me). Also as I am trying to figure out dd3--I googled psychomotor + gifted and came up with some good links but dd3 turned off the computer b4 I could get them here to share...

"He also brought up the fact that DS will suddenly volunteer seemingly unrelated information. This is the first time I've heard about this last behaviour, but I have my doubts about this one. Many times, DS makes unusual unconnections that, when I give pause, gives me a blinding insight. I can't think of any examples offhand, but many times, I've exclaimed, "hey, that's a really interesting point of view!". So the issue is also of finding a teacher who "gets" my son." I don't know how to do the quote thing sorry!

YES! I wouldn't go so far as to say that I was ever blindingly insightful, but I still have this experience. Only as an adult, it is too frustrating and time consuming to try to explain the steps I took to get there so I usually just don't. I can remember doing that as a kid and can see why it would be difficult not to share the thoughts, esp. when you might not understand how unusual it might be to make those connections that quickly.

The more I think about it though, I am seeing my dd's behaviour as clearly a result of inappropriate stimulation...and I see the same in myself right now, although it manifests in different ways.

So...ummmm...sorry I can't help the OP very much, but thanks to everyone for sharing your wisdom b/c it is really helpful for me.

WIshing you the best with hsing Blob--I am afraid that may be on the horizon here as well!

There is an accelerated learner forum at The Well-Trained Mind forums with lots of gifted homeschoolers.