My son is packing for his second year at THINK as I type this (it starts this Saturday), and I have to say it has been a wonderful experience for him. He is truly looking forward to going back.

Granted, I haven't had to send him out into the world to attend (we only live a few miles from the UNR campus). In addition, since he's a DA student, he's already extremely familiar with many of the instructors/staff members, and he's already taken plenty of UNR courses during the past few school years, so none of that is new to him. Still, it has been eye-opening and he has learned so much.

The biggest difference between THINK and the rest of the school year, is that the work is so very compacted. Two college classes in three weeks is a lot of work, even for kids who are used to a lot of work. I think most first-timers are a tad overwhelmed at first, but I was thrilled to find how much the kids helped and supported each other. Instructors were accessible as well, and (when necessary) extra help and tutors were available for those that needed them. And there is definitely a sense of accomplishment having survived and succeed (both in classroom and the laundry room) at THINK. The staff is also very attentive to the kids, and accessible to the parents. When my son was having issues sleeping at night, I had no problem working things out with the staff.

The program is small (only 60 kids, many of whom choose to return year after year), and you are not required to be a DYS to attend, so I don't know what the numbers are regarding qualification and attendance, but I can say with no reservation that is has been the best academic summer program my DYS has attended.