Ok, so we went again tonight and he did some more evaluations. He said that he suspects he has ADHD, but a mild/moderate form. He said it's hard to determine because he is so intelligent that it's masking some of the "behaviors" of the ADHD. He said he also suspects that he may have Oppositional Defiant Disorder, but it might be easier to diagnose in about a year.

He suggested that we do a trial of the meds plus a strict reward system at home. DH actually is ok with trying the meds now that we've gone this route. He said that he's upset that we know now because, basically, now there's "something wrong". I said that there's nothing "wrong" with him, just something we need to address. I told him that I wanted to get it addressed ASAP because I remember the hell my parents went through (I suspect I also have ADD/ADHD but was never diagnosed) and that I don't want to go through all the crap they went through with me. And I was an only child...

I forgot to add, he had me to an evaluation (I forgot the name of it) and based on my scores asked him some questions for depression. I guess the "cut-off" is 10 and he got 23. frown He said that it may be because of the negative feedback he gets at home due to his behavior. He said that if we don't address it now, it could become much worse. frown