When you are at a young age, IQ screenings may be innacurate, but your child may benifit from testing if the teachers don't understand him further. I have sensory issues, too, as I often mis-hear verbal instruction, but I can hear loud noises much better than most, and I can hear whispers better than I hear incessant yelling. Oh, and here is another pointer: just because he doesn't handle the chaotic situations of everyday society doesn't mean he's not gifted! I'm, in fact, 2e, and I have to stay home when my mother does VBS because I couldn't last two seconds in the Chamber of Incessant Extroversion! The reason I was tested as autistic or ADHD was because I had a lot of interests and I was disorganized, and because a lot of the Asperger pre-requisites were the characteristics of an introvert (I just got "The Art of Speedreading People" from the library two weeks ago, and I tested as an INFP). You could argue that some gifted children can have disabilities, but I'm not sure how that would blow over....