Originally Posted by crazydaisy
She'd be a tricky kid to teach in a regular classroom I think.

Just plain Moderately Gifted, without all the peaks and dips, can be difficult for many teachers to teach in a regular classroom, although with some though and some accomidation it certainly can be successful.

And then, testing gave a lot of really valuable information to me for homeschooling in combination with her achievment score.

Yippee! It seems to me that if you are homeschooling her, you deserve the support of valuable information. Go you for going ahead and getting it!

I've got a lot more information now about not only what she already knows, but her learning style. Now I know what an interesting kid she is.

Just curious - is she rather stronger on WM or Processing Speed? Do you see that in action while homeschooling, or do you think perfectionism or anxiety cut in to her processing speed scores?

And, BTW, she's happier than she's been in a long time since we pulled her out of school. Really, nothing matter on paper, except what I see in front of me....a really happy child!!!

I'm so glad that your DD is happy - that's key, and now you are happy too!

((whisper)) Lots of folks forget that Davidson Youngs Scholar Program couldn't care less about FSIQ. On WISC IV one can qualify with Verbal Comprehension, Perceptual Reasoning, or General Ability Index (GAI) Oh go ahead and peek: http://www.davidsongifted.org/young...holars___Qualification_Criteria_384.aspx

Not that there is anything wrong with NOT qualifying for YSP!!! Not by a long shot.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com