Just to clarify, when I say "homeschooling," I mean everything we do all day that contributes to their intellectual, physical, or social formation... games, crafts, conversations, etc. The only ones who are doing any sit-down academics are 4.5 year old DS (math and phonics), and 6 year old DD (math, handwriting, and language arts). A lot of the math is hands-on, using puzzles, manipulatives, or whatever I find in the kitchen. As for expectations, I don't really have any, as they're already above age level in everything except handwriting. They're the ones who keep asking to do more! DS would do math and phonics all day and night if he could. He wiggles through it all, and his eyes start to glaze over, but he's always disappointed when we stop. I don't think he does much more than an hour of seatwork altogether, certainly less than two hours.

So, much of our day consists of stuff any family with young children would be doing, but the gifted angle seems to make it more intense. I'm not a high-energy person, and I need some outside help at this point, but I can't figure out how to make it work in terms of planning and scheduling.