Today was Music Together which Bear (3.2) loves once he's there, but he hates leaving to go to it. I asked him why, if it was the people, the place, the teacher, the music? He finally answered that he didn't like that he never knew who was going to be there (lots of kids have been absent and there have been several new kids).

At class one of the new kids kept moving the cushions around and Bear would run to put them back just to repeat the process several times. He told me later it wasn't ok for the other boy to move the pillows. It bothered him.

He can't stand it when the rest of the kids are moving around. He goes to the edge of the class and just watches and avoided the other kids almost totally at the last birthday party we went to.

Then after class, in the car, totally out of the blue he said, "I wish class was just me and you. I wish there was JUST me and you and Wolf and Daddy, no one else." He added in a few more people he is very close to after some prodding, but not many.

A three year old shouldn't be saying things like that. I don't know what else we can do. Even his Head Start teacher is coming up against all the same walls we had in her attempts to get help for him. He's still in line to see a psychologist in a month or two and we might have figured out a way to get him into OT, but this just seems like something more than just SID.

Anyone else have kids like this? Anyone have diagnoses? Any suggestions?