My son just turned 6 and is in kindergarten in a private school with a sort of advanced curriculum (not PG/EG at all though). Thankfully we only have 3 more weeks of school, but even those 3 weeks will be rough. My son doesn't enjoy school (it's too easy, he daydreams while the teacher is talking because he already knows what she's saying and then has to guess at the assignment, etc.) and has grudgingly attended this year. The school has a wonderful computer math program that allows the kids to (somewhat) work at their own pace, and that has been his only bright spot at school.

So, we've been supplementing with afterschool and weekend activities like higher level workbooks, museum trips, board games meant for older kids, craft projects and of course books (on space, dinosaurs, the Fudge series and whatever else strikes his fancy). The problem is, we are running out of ideas for these supplemental activities and I'm hoping some of the BTDT posters will have some ideas that will get us through not only the rest of this year, but the summer and 1st grade.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice! smile