Thanks Master of none.

I think that what you've mention is very helpful. My son is only 11 so not too much ahead of your son. He also has pretty severe dysgraphia and part of it I think also is due to spatial issues. He can't read any of what he has written unless he goes painstakingly slow and then he is so frustrated that he writes the shortest response possible. He has some difficulties with appropriate pressure on the paper. We have found that using mechanical pencils helps him a little bit with this. We try to have him type his work when he brings it home. The biggest issue we have is work that is supposed to be done only in class. Then he has to write it out and he either doesn't finish it or it is illegible. Of course assignments he does at home have a way of getting lost on the way back anyway.

So his IQ report does list the diagnosis of dysgraphia but it was done in 2007 so I don't know if the school will take it.

Do you think they would do testing for me if I show them the old diagnosis?

Also...does your son feel like the accomodations make him stick out in a way he doesn't like?

And what about math? We have tried having my son do everything on graph paper which helps except when it is a worksheet. I am guessing we could write in using graph paper on a 504 or IEP. Does he get more time on written tests?

Does your son struggle with personal space issues at all? My son has absolutely no sense of personal space. It can be disconcerting for people.

I think that we have been picking up the slack for so long at home that his teachers haven't made an issue of anything. Now with 7 classes a day, I can't keep up with it unless the teachers are on board!

A lot of questions, but I appreciate your input.