Originally Posted by learningaswego
I am a preschool teacher and also a parent to 4 gifted children. My advice is that the teacher and the classroom setup can be some of the biggest considerations. Regardless of what method is taught, if it isn't a good teacher teaching it, you will not have a good experience. I do think it is really important to remember that social skills are huge for gifted children, and many times as children grow older this becomes an issue.

I agree - teachers/atmosphere are important too! We couldn't afford Montessori (which would've been ideal for DS), and after a few tries, we found the perfect preschool. DS6 had a GREAT pre-k teacher (at age 3-4) and two great state funded pre-K teachers (at age 4-5; late birthday). He didn't learn that many new things, but he was given outside challenges away from the normal curriculum. And he thrived socially, which was good for my shy guy. For us, we couldn't push until he got into the public school. Luckily for us, we didn't have to push when he did get there.

Good luck!

Last edited by JJsMom; 04/28/10 06:09 AM.