Thank you.
All good things to think about. I do worry abut the childhood thing. He does have 2 younger brothers though, Ds4 and DS 18mo, and one on the way and does lower level activities with them too, so he still gets lower level kid fun too, singing art stuff, I think.
I also know that my son loves science and social. He does NOT love most of the science and social he has to do in his 1st grade books though. The things he loves are the geography classes I Add, the ancient civilization studies we've done, and the chemistry and extra science activities I add to give him more from the science subjects in his books.
SO maybe I should just keep doing what I am. It is a worry what Dottie says about math and science staying together. He would not be ready to move up in math. so I don't know. I suppose i could discuss it with his teacher who orders our books, and who we meet with each month to turn in work. She is also his Art teacher on Thursdays and science teacher on Tuesdays. So she may also have insight into his readiness.
I also wonder all the time whether i need to have him tested to know where he really is. I stop now and then and think, maybe he's not as gifted as I think, maybe I'm just an admiring parent. .....Ha that sounds weird using the word gifted I try to never ever use it when discussing my son, It makes people get funny, but if you don't then they bring up the idea and you just nod and say really...