No, actually I emailed to ask after I posted and they emailed back that her scores didn't qualify in the top 25%. I'm waiting for the interpretive guide to see what our local 7th grade scores look like! We must either have a lot of really bright kids in our local talent search or a lot of kids who really studied hard.

I feel bad for dd, though, b/c this has been a disappointing week for her already. She had applied for a scholarship through NSGT hoping to get partial funding for an educational tour of Italy with a school group next year. (Dds are 5/8th Italian & dd11 really wants to study Italian at some point.) She had a pretty good application in that she had a strong letter of recommendation, her desire to study the Italian language and culture is written into her ALP (which we enclosed), etc. She found out a few days ago that she didn't get the scholarship, so she's not going to be able to make the trip.

I'll have to let her know about the awards when I pick her up from a school program later. She was expecting to be in based upon the comments from the director of CBK & how her scores stacked up in other regions. I'll just have to be more tight lipped next year if she tests again so I don't get her hopes up! Gosh, her CR score more than qualifies for the 8th-11th grade program for CBK, so I thought that I was safe in telling her that she was likely to be getting an award.