I'm looking over DS5's evals through the school district and am trying to determine whether we should follow up with his ped and ask for a referral (and to who...) based on his PDD Behavior Inventory (PDDBI) results.

He scored within the autistic range for Repetitive, Ritualistic, and Pragmatic Language Composite as well as on the Approach/Withdrawal Problems Composite. His Language scores and the overall Autism composite were in the non-autistic range. He also scored non-Autistic on the CARS (childhood autism rating scale). For the 2 composite he scored barely into the 40-60 point range of average autistic children.

So what type of dr is best to evaluate for autism? We can go to a variety of locations but wasn't sure if a neuropsych or developmental ped (or something else entirely) would be best. We're seeing his pediatrician tomorrow about the low muscle tone the APE person noticed in his lower legs so I can ask then for the referral.

The school psychologist does think some of the scores may be where they were due to being gifted in cognitive and academic skills. She does recommend looking into social skills programs and gifted programs, but I wasn't sure if we shouldn't follow up on the autism side of things.

Thanks in advance for reading my book, lol