It's as though you are talking about my own DD6! I've watched this child transform from a sparkling, animated, eager to learn child, into a disruptive talker, a class "behavior problem", unable to complete any work, silly and bouncing off the walls! Have you seen the work? No wonder she's bored! Even the average kid is bored off their rocker. Now take the quick-witted, race horse of a learner who's now reading at the fifth grade, studying Greek mythology in their free time, and learns math intuitively beyond where the kindergarten room will allow her? Well...now what? My options appear to be narrowing. As a child of educators myself, I've always been a supporter of public school. Now I find myself researching my homeschooling options for next year part-time. Never did I see my self as a homeschooling parent. But...what am I willing to sacrafice. Do I change my daughter to fit into the school, since the school can't change to fit my daughter?

I really hope the private school works for you. I think our public schools in this country are seriously broken. It's a sad demise for all our children, most especially our brightest ones!