What a two dimensional world to live in!

I have to confess to at first buying into and, unfortunately, buying a few of the Baby Einstein videos. But, then my better more educated self prevailed. Babies should NOT be watching TV!

After I got a hold of myself, I was pretty adamant about flashy toys and tv/computer games. I remember my mother chastising me because I was not allowing Jonas to play with the tv/game system that she bought him. He was always attracted to 'real' things and manipulating nature and natural objects. Now, she is supportive of my parenting style and my intentions - but at the time it was odd to feel like I was being a bad parent because I was not letting him play video games!?!

When I gave my son a magnifying glass in his Easter basket at age 5, we went to the park and rather than playing with plastic easter eggs, he was looking at the leaves and the flowers and he said - just about everything has little holes in it and the leaves look like they have veins. Flash cards would leave out a whole world of discovery!