I am new to this idea of my son being "gifted". My now six year old son has always been curious about things and I, in turn, have answered his questions or probed his thoughts further.

This year (Kindergarten) he has just been exploding in growth and curiousity. He is just eats up work books and books of all sorts. Asking to learn division and eating up just everything around him.

I have talked with the principal and she said that she would like to potentially advance him a grade next year. But the testing would not be to mid-year. (Classes at the Montessori school he attends are multi-grade - so I think it will work wonderfully).

I want to know now, however, if he is truly gifted. I think this will help me help him and help advocate for him or garner the appropriate resources for him.

So in the end of May or beginning of June he will formally be assessed.

Nervous about even having it done in the first place. Nervous about what results would mean.

I consider myself of average intelligence. I have always surrounded myself by smart people and have always engaged in intellectual conversation and activities. But, I have never thought of myself as exceptionally bright. Yet, I have a biological son who just eats up information about birds, and pyramids, and pirates (historical), and you name it. Is it not giftedness - is it just his Montessori upbringing or just normal childhood.

Has anyone had these crazy thoughts when initially testing your child? Any thoughts or advice would be great.