DS12 is in a self-contained GT program.
He has a low working memory, auditory processing difficulties, and probable dysgraphia. He has an IEP in place (finally!), but I'm concerned that he doesn't qualify for ST or OT services through the school system.

Don't Speech Language Pathologists address the executive function difficulties associated with auditory processing and memory problems? Don't occupational therapists address dysgraphia? How is it that a 6th grader who writes like a 1st or 2nd grader doesn't qualify for OT services? How is it that a child who can't even remember his home address or phone number without major difficulty at age 12 doesn't need ST services to address these issues?

At this point, they're giving him classroom accommodations and SPED services to address his writing, math calculation, and social-emotional issues. That's great, but shouldn't he get ST/OT services as well?

I've requested (and been granted) independent educational evaluations, but while we await those, I'm wondering what other people have experienced in the way of ST/OT services for these types of issues.

Age-Gap parenting a 2e 12-year-old and an 8-month-old