((hugs))
It's so hard to remember to keep the needs of the entire family in mind when one member is so good at showing their individual needs. I was moved to a different neighborhood when I was 6, and even though the school was the same, the kids in the neighborhood were lost to me. Even though the experience marked me so deeply, I still support you to go with the overall needs of your whole family - which includes you and your DH. In a lot of ways that longing to 'get back' has moved my life in powerful was for the good.

Seriously, I waited to start a family until DH and I could move into our 'raising kids' house, just to avoid having this happen to my offspring. Unluckily, there isn't a good cluster of neighborhood kids on our street, so DS didn't get what I lost anyway.

So I guess I would would say that little gifties have deep feelings and long memories and you can't really change that. It's totally ok to move ahead even if it affects your DS negativly, you get a turn sometimes. And it does signal that you 'believe' in their ability to handle sadness - which is such a gift. A much bigger gift than the comfort of their old neighborhood.

And not every bit of deep feelings gets stuck and turned into a childhood regret. Sometimes the expression of deep feelings is a sign that the feeling are being process and will be let go of.

In other words - there are no right answers - pray, journal, vent, post here, and take a chance!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com