Thanks everyone!

Traceygns - Thanks so much for your reasons. Last year, he did not do anything differently at school for pretty much those reasons. However, by this year he really is so far ahead that he is not learning anything from what they are teaching (it is off by 4 grade levels at least) and I don't mind that he is seen as different. Any kids who care about that stuff have noticed that he is different (strengths and weaknesses both - he is not all that strong with language arts and is super disorganized, so often gets help from classmates with keeping papers straight, spelling words and following directions). He seems okay with friends either way - not his strongest area, but he is not isolated either. A couple of kids likely will be jealous. That was the biggest concern, but he is having so much trouble with focus at school, I decided to try anyway.

melmichigan - When we were snowed in last week, I went ahead and had him try aleks since it is so inexpensive and I knew he could sign on easily from home and class. He tested at 89% complete on 6th grade - worked on it a bit and now is at 95%. He mostly had geometry and measurement to learn. He did it one day at school - his only day back after the snow - and really loved having something more interesting for himself.

I anticipate him finishing this in the next couple of days. So, then my question is whether to sign him up for pre-algebra with aleks or to try EPGY - open enrollment sounds pretty good - or even with CTY. If I did EPGY, does anyone have advice on what the appropriate class might be? I was guessing something like pre-algebra.

Thanks again!