I am trying to figure out something for my DS8 to do to sub for regular math at school. The school is supportive. He is okay with language arts in his normal classroom, so it would just be for math.

Initial plan was to have him go with advanced third grade students this year. The scheduling didn't work and then his 2nd grade teacher (who normally teaches higher grades) said it was clear that one or two grades would not be enough anyway. So, he is still staying with 2nd graders now. They have tried giving him some different stuff, but it has never actually been very close to challenging enough to satisfy him. He has a basket of some games (good level for him - fraction/decimal 24 and math dice and some worksheets from a book from home that he likes). He mostly plays those games during the regular math time. He is happy with the games, but said he really would rather be learning something new.

I finally just asked if he could do a distance learning class during math time instead of any other math. The teachers seem happy to do that and said he could either do that full time or part time and participate in certain projects that they might do if he or I decide that he should do that instead.

I was thinking probably EPGY or CTY. Does anyone have experience and know whether either could be done some at school and some at home? I was planning to sign him up at home and manage it from here, but when I looked into them I get the impression that he would need to do it all from one computer. If that is the case, then I guess I could have him work on the class at home and then print pages to send in with him, although I would really rather him be able to work on the regular class some there also. He tends to be really spacey with stuff and also switches around math teachers some, so I think I really need to be mainly in charge of things at least at his current age to make sure it all works.

He just got accepted into DYS, so this is something that I will ask once we have a FC, but thought hopefully someone here would have experience and wouldn't mind sharing. I wanted to try to set it up soon if possible in case it takes some time to get going. I am hoping that he will switch over to the full time gifted center next year, so would love to find something that works before starting over with another school. (I know from experience with my older DS that the math there won't really work either.)

Thanks so much!