I first posted in the Fall and had thought that we were making progress with my daughter's teachers. We had identified an accelerated Math program that she was hopefully going to get to use and she moved ahead in a Literature based computer program. Our principal seemed eager to help but since then we have hit walls and circumstances have kept the principal from helping us. I asked our school counselor to talk with DD just so she would have another avenue to vent her feelings of frustration that wasn't mom or dad. Just found out tonight that the counselor met with her teachers and was told that until DD could produce 100 % in all of her work they could not be sure that she could handle anything more challenging. Her last report card's lowest average was a 95% and the rest were either 100% or high 90's. They told the counselor that DD needed to try harder and not work so fast because she was making mistakes that could be prevented. DD is very mature and when I asked her what she thought she said "I am not perfect, mom so why would the teacher's expect me to be that? Nobody is perfect, mom! Thank you for letting me vent!
Maria