She hates the physical act of writing. Sometimes has a hard time "starting" such as an essay. She will just sit there frustrated but once you through some ideas on how to start, she takes off.
Math, well she had a hard time on the Mad Minutes. A timed test. Would go completely blank. The teacher knew that she knew them so gave her an oral test and she did fine.
At this point, no interventions have ever been needed in school. And this year, with a teacher who understands gifted kids and is really challenging her, she has been fine with all of the written stuff. Not complaining as she did in previous years.
I think am going to make an appointment for an eye exam. I had a problem and had vision therapy when I was young. I just never thought about it because she is a fast, avid reader and writing is beautiful once she gets started both in appearance and content.
Thanks. I just worry to much I guess. Just trying to pick at anything the administration would look at as negative.
One last thing, I do think that perfectionism plays a part. For example, she was a late talker. I was very worried because my first was talking complete sentences at 1. She was 22 months before we heard her say anything, and then she was singing the alphabet perfectly. She does alot of stuff like that. Not letting someone knows what she does until she knows she can do it good. Just her personality I guess.