Thats interesting, I've been wondering for a while if anyone's elses kids here do it in spurts.
My son seems almost always to do his intelectual growing in spurts. He'll be uninterested in any organized learning for a few months, then all the sudden he'll go through 1-4 weeks of just super interest in learning in one or more areas of interest and grow in huge amounts in his learning. Then he usually slows down again and becomes uninterested in organized learning again. It's frustrating to me during the down times ( for example about 5 months ago DS3 was obsessed with Jigsaw puzzles and would put them together by himself for a few hours every day. He got very good, but now won't do any puzzles, unless I 'm there doing most of it for him) But he seems to make up for it in the couple weeks that he is "spurting". Something like a years worth of growth in an area of interest (reading, math etc) in just a couple weeks. I always am a trying to figure out how to keep him from coming down. Wonder how to keep him interested for more that just a short period of time. I"m worried that in the future if i have him tested at a "non spurt" time period the will really under preform. Anymore of you with "spurters" ...or kids with down times where they seem uninterested in organized learning?

Last edited by Jenafur; 12/31/07 12:25 PM.