I had a spontaneous and nice visit with the head principal of DD's middle school (she starts middle school in the fall) and he said that acceleration for her is no problem, she just needs to get a 90% or above on the placement test for the class for which she wants credit.

I think she can place out of regular 8th grade math and start honors algebra in 6th grade. (Many non-GT, honors track kids do Algebra in 8th grade in our district, which I believe is pretty standard nationwide so this is really a two year acceleration, not three.)

My question is this: has anyone used EPGY to the end of 7th grade math and then had to satisfy a similar placement test requirement? It looks like EPGY jumps from 7th grade to Alegbra.

I have a study guide for the placement exam, also - looks like it's based solely on the TEKS (which are Texas' curriculum standards) so maybe I could also try a released 8th grade TAKS exam to see if she's ready.

I really hope this works out -- the middle school is a safe walking distance from the high school where I teach. I'm having fantasy visions that she can accelerate into my high school for math when the time comes and I'll be right there for driving her home!

Thanks in advance to anyone who has BTDT.

DD12, 7th. Dx'd ADHD/GAD. No IQ test. EXPLORE & SAT just miss DYS but suspect HG+