My 3rd grader took it a month or 2 ago. A couple things that would have helped him was to be told what the test center was going to be like. He was surrounded by college age kids taking various tests and then when SCHOOL COLLEGE APTITUDE TEST popped up he was sure it was the wrong test and alerted the helper. laugh It definitely would have been helpful for him to know he should take his time. He had lots of time left on both sections. He is a hurrier and tends to be sloppy sometimes even when he knows material well. In fact, generally the better he knows it, the sloppier he tends to be. We downloaded all the sample tests and that was good practice just to know what the format would look like. Our other issue is we were going to lunch at the place of his choosing right afterwards, and I don't think that helped him slow down at all! He had a terrible cold and didn't sleep well a couple nights before either.

All that being said, he did pretty great on a test I wasn't sure he would be able to show his stuff on at all. On a better day, he may have scored better, but it's good practice just to be able to do a timed/standardized test. So don't worry too much. Results are pretty fast too. We had a login to see scores online within a week.