I don't know if this applies or not, but last year my daughter did math, reading, writing, and some extras in third grade when she was officially a second grader. She was the first student in the district to be subject accelerated, and at the end of the first semester the report card technology just hadn't caught up to the situation. In our school's case, the core subjects were electronically linked to the grade the child was officially listed in, so they couldn't just put in the particular math/reading/writing topics she was covering in 3rd grade. They somehow fixed this problem for the third grading period, but I know it took a lot of wrangling from the district's computer experts and months of time. In the meantime, I communicated often with the principal and her teachers to make sure they understood that I wanted to record it -- if not in the computer then at least in her school file on paper. And in the end, the paper version is exactly what we ended up with. Or, I should say, what the school district ended up with -- I never actually received a copy! But, they assure me, the ammended report card does exist! smile

She thought she could, so she did.