My son is doing two grades of math at once as well. He is
in a 1st grade gifted class working on accelerated 2nd grade curriculum for math and reading. However, in computer lab, he is doing the 4th grade math program in Pearson's SuccessMaker Enterprise individualized curriculum software. So while he is learning multiple digit multiplication through the SuccessMaker tutorials, he is doing two digit subtaction in class and for homework. His teacher, who affectionately calls my son her "math whiz", said that his math classwork is just review for him. However, I'm concerned that he is spending more time in school reviewing math than learning math. I'm considering asking the teacher to assign homework to match his SuccessMaker 4th grade math instead of his 2nd grade math. Do you find it helpful to have more advanced math for homework?

By the way, I am considering applying for the Davidson Young Scholar program. My son scored a 160 on the WIAT-II Mathematics Composite, as well as a 145 FSIQ and 146 NVIQ on the SB-V. However, the application process seems a bit daunting and I'm concerned his scores may be too borderline for acceptance. I would appreciate any advice.