Originally Posted by OHGrandma
I'm fine with have one really good friend, we're the kind of friends who can finish each others sentances. We met 19.5 years ago when I got the job I have now and started working with her. Haha, she's the kind that if I said I killed someone, she'd bring a shovel! Joke, friends!

Me too. I have one close friend. She is my age and her kids are just a tad older than mine. We can tell each other anything - our worries, pain, achievements, sorrows etc - no judgements, just good honest advice (or wake up to yourself!) or listening.

Then lots of aquaintances. Most not work based and varying ages. Before I had children most of my friends were at work. Since moving and starting a family I have preferred to keep work relationships separate from my private life. Of those, three are more than just aquaintances. Two are teachers and I can openly talk about my children's giftedness with them. The third also has a child with a chronic medical condition so we can talk and give advice to each other about that.

Last edited by matmum; 12/20/09 02:05 PM. Reason: Neighbours popped in so I had to finish off.