Sometimes a "good school" is good for HG+ kids. But don't assume that "good school" = "good school for GT kids." We have a "blue ribbon" school, and the GT kids have left it in droves. Those who have stayed whom I know are not too happy with it. It's definitely not a great place for HG+ kids.

"Blue ribbon" just indicates that the school has met certain benchmarks, I believe. I don't know for sure (so check this out before assuming I'm right), but I doubt any of those have a thing to do with GT education.

I'd ask other parents, especially those of other GT kids, where they have their kids. Word of mouth is the best starting place in my experience.

Do you know what kind of learning environment you are looking for? Highly academic? Very child-focused? Something in between? Something else?

I think more than anything, the classroom teacher matters. A good teacher who likes GT kids and wants to teach your son can make virtually anything work, but a teacher who doesn't want to work with your son can sink the best of arrangements.

I don't know if that helps...

Kriston