I understand where Kristiana is coming from, though I'm not sure I would have tackled this the same way. I took my children, one of which is ADHD and one who has been diagnosed with Aspeger's to El Salvador. We stayed at an uncle's house who seemed absolutely astounded that either of my healthy children had been diagnosed with anything. He was amazing at redirecting the children and getting my Aspeger's child to look at things in different ways. I could see why he thought my chidren were normal. He knew how to handle them.

I don't think the issue is that ADHD does not exist, but that a child with mild ADHD would not be considered out of the norm. The population and the schools are comfortable with the idea that some children are more active than others, or that children process sensory experiences differently and adapt to dealing with that child in that manner. I also think it's difficult to really see this difference unless you actually go and stay in another country in a position where you can witness this first hand.

If the umbrella of what is 'normal' is spread wider, then things that we consider 'ouside the norm' would not longer fall outside of it.