I just found some helpful advice in the May/June 2007 issue of the 2e Newsletter. Advice like "Let students discover their own methods of problem solving and do not insist that students show their work." "So I guess I don't need to worry about the math differences.

I have also been doing a lot of reading about motor dyspraxia and so many things seem to fit my son--visual motor integration and handwriting problems, not crawling when he was a baby, sensory issues, hypotonia, motor planning issues, lack of interest in doing puzzles (except online), and difficulty learning a sequence of dance steps, occasional left/right confusion, the tracking issues he used to have, and even the headaches. I even found "momentary lack of oxygen" at birth listed as a possible cause and I have always wondered if his difficult birth was the reason for his difficulties. There is no family history of anything like this, so my son even asked once if I thought it was because of a genetic mutation and has jokingly referred to himself as a "freak and a geek" because of his differences. It would be really nice to finally have a diagnosis and hopefully we will get one in a few weeks.