Our son's AT scores were waaaay up there, too. The GE's ranged from "only" +4 to +5 in math, and +10 to +14 in everything else.

I found the results to be very helpful in the conversation with the school about subject acceleration and grade skipping.

I said to them: "Now I realize that GE's of 9th - 12th don't mean that our son should be sent to high school next week... but do they not suggest that his current 4th grade class is probably not the best fit?"

That definitely got the conversation going in the right direction.

After receiving his IQ & AT results, I was stunned. "This is not my child!" I said to myself... and others. But I said this because I was comparing him to descriptions of the EG/PG kids described in various articles (esp. Miraca Gross) and was certain that unlike many of the profiled kids, mine wasn't up in his room working on particle physics in his spare time.

It took a lot more reading and discussing with others before I came to terms with what it all meant. Or at least what it all suggested.

While he doesn't "present" in such a way that he'll end up on the morning shows, he's clearly way out there and has been coasting to a much greater degree than I had suspected.

What has your child experienced academically?
Are there any struggles with school?

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz