Right now it feels like I need to leave it all alone with the G&T teacher. She is willing to give him more work but not give up the regular work he needs to do. DS says he is overwhelmed with his regular class work and doesn't need more work. He needs to give his brain a rest. G&T teacher says he is fighting some of her work. So from her point of view: why do more with him when it's already hard? The school position is they don't have test outs available and that classes can't be tested with just pencil and paper. School is concerned he will miss somethings. He also can't replace his math with another.

I'm not sure they get he needs appropriate work not more work. I don't think they get how it hurts him to not be challenged. I'm not sure if he could handle more volume if he went up a grade. That might feel boring too. Feels like I hit a wall.

I would not be surprised if he starts losing his all As report card or acts up in class. OR turns into a nightmare when I pick him up from school.

I've been telling him to do his best so they can challenge him. I think he feels betrayed. He is glad they made adjustments but just wants out.

I'm so sad about all of this. It feels like I made the situation worse with advocacy, insulted and made school mad at me and my son now has a bad additude about school and being challenged. I tried very hard but that's not enough because I didn't know what I was doing.

Last edited by onthegomom; 11/30/09 08:32 AM.