Do you think therapy will work for him when it seems like bad things just keep happening to him or people he is close to and he knows that he has no control over it? He can't get rid of that feeling that something else is going to happen.

We both tried to think positive when he did the two hour physical therapy sessions three times a week, with additional exercises at home. For all this effort, he feels there was very little improvement. He still had leg and foot pain when he walked. The arches in his feet still collapsed. At least he found what didn't work and he was able to get custom made orthotics that do help a little, but he felt that therapy took up a lot of time that could have been better spent doing something something else. I think I might have trouble talking him into trying another kind of therapy.

He was trying to think positive about the doctor's appointment a few days ago, but it became very difficult for him when he was told he would have to wear a brace for scoliosis until he is an adult. This is a kid that that trouble with socks and clothing tags. He knows it will be hard, but he was able to joke about it and get through it with his sense of humor. I am so thankful for his sense of humor.