I really need some advice here, especially from those with kids who have Aspergers or social skills problems. My just turned 10 DD has been attending PS for english for almost 2 years now as part of her IEP for speech therapy. In that time her writing skills which were only age appropriate, when she is placed a grade ahead, appear to have caught up. This year, every day is a fight to get her to school in the morning. She is constantly complaining about how it takes them sooo long to do one subject and even her two electives aren't holding her interest anymore. Her reading and comprehension are years ahead with the only exception being some fictional inference meaning, which doesn't seem to show up on her achievement tests.

I am considering giving in to all the arguement and misery of daily fighting and having her take some online classes with onlineG3, which I mentioned in a post on the recommended resources board. We also already do a lot of Lit. with history and I could put her in a writing program next school year. Any thoughts? experiences?

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader