Today was the first day of the math club for my DS7s school. I sent out packages to the 9 teachers that teach 4th and 5th grade at my son�s school. I anticipated 15 to 20 students to be interested. I was planning on using the library for this group. Well today we had 55 to 60 students saying they would attend. From this 45 came to our first meeting along with about 25+ parents. So far so good, just many more students then I planned for. The good thing is that 5 parents volunteered to help out, and the PTA may provide snacks for our once a week after school club (Which now meets in the cafeteria). In regards to DS7, he seemed to enjoy it. I will hopefully break the students into smaller manageable groups. Today I had 10 groups of 4 to 5 students. I find this to be a great opportunity to see the different levels of math ability, it helps me with the yard stick issue for DS7. There are a few good mathematicians in the group. On a funny note some of the parents are a little to helpful with the math problems, but you can see many of them enjoy a good puzzle. One of the questions for fun. If a bat and a ball together cost $1.10, and the bat is $1.00 more then the ball, how much is the ball. Please note everyone I ask gets it wrong.