I certainly don't think that you should encourage your daughter to work faster in that setting. Do you have any idea of your daughter's Level of Giftedness (LOG) ? That might shed some light on what is going on at school - but what you describe is normal and expected in a child that is attending classes that are quite a bit below her 'readiness level.'

I do think that you should insist that your daughter be tested beyond the 6th grade level in both 'reading' and 'decoding.' I don't understand how decoding at 70% is a 'comprehension' problem, and I'll bet that's a little mistake on the teacher's part.

I would send a letter in writting that you are concerned that your daughter may have a learning disability that is causing her to 'finish her work late' and request an evaluation. The evaluation should find out your daughters actual strengths so that you can see if there is something wrong. Do I think that there actually is something wrong with your daughter? NO. But in most schools this is the 'way in.'

Is this a private school? 15 class size is really small for a public school.

Best Wishes and keep us posted,
grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com