Ds6 complains that when he is reading books with smaller print, the words look like they are smashed together. He says it looks like there's no space between the letters and they're all jumbled up. If he reads books with larger print like the ones that are typical for early readers, he has no problem. His reading level is around 3rd grade, but he's having trouble with these books because of what I described above. If I place a notecard under each line as he reads, he does better. The opthamologist says his vision is fine. He had a very thorough eye and vision exam. The opthamologist said if it continues, he'd recommend having ds tested for dyslexia or other reading disabilities. I told him ds6 is reading two grade levels ahead, so while he's no expert on reading disabilities, he thought it unlikely to be related to dyslexia. I've done some reading on dyslexia, and it seems unlikely he'd be such a good reader if he had a reading disability. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is it typical for kids to need larger print? The dr. didn't mention that, but I'm at a loss. Thank you!