We were told that DS7 though he mimics ADHD he does not have a dx nor would medication "correct" what's "wrong". It was suggested to us to do more hands-on learning to keep him focused on the task at hand he needed more visual stimulation. Black and white paper is not enough visually to keep him on task. We do a lot of the suggestions on this board like the bouncing ball, multiplication facts while jumping either on the trampoline or up and down the stairs (he answers it right he goes up a step, wrong he comes down, etc). Typing is good as are computer programs that have visual effects. I've also noticed that he does not work well in the am, well to be more specific anytime before 3 pm. laugh So we do school in the evening. I know this parallels ADHD types but it is what it is and fortunately we can work around it. I realize a lot of people don't have this option. Giving your son something to doodle with (see doodle thread) is also a great idea if the teacher will allow it.

So to answer your question, for us it is a highly creative mind. IMO Have you read "The Mislabeled Child" by DRs Eide???? That would clear up a lot for you I suspect.